Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Pretentious Stranger

Every once in a while I find myself in a public place with nothing to do. Today, for example, I was at South Station in Boston waiting for the commuter rail. After spending a few minutes perusing through books at the mini bookstore, I resorted to walking around the station and "people watching." No, I don't think this is sketchy. I was just walking around and making observations about people.

Sometimes I will see a random stranger who rubs me the wrong way. Since I don't know the stranger at all, I have nothing against him/her. There is absolutely no reason I should dislike the stranger. However, something about the manner in which this person walks, talks, interacts, and acts in general I can't stand. Gotta love nonverbal communications

I'm not sure if these thoughts are reasonable, but I sometimes think to myself "That guy looks like an asshole!" Why do I form opinions on people I don't know at all? Am I being judgmental? I'd say so. But damn, that guy looked like a douche bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment