Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Look at Global Warming

Global warming is one of those divisive topics that gets everyone heated up (pun intended). I find it very interesting how it has become a partisan issue: Democrats tending to buy into it and Republicans tending to denounce it. Personally, I don't believe in the phenomenon, but I'm not here to argue that point. I want to look at global warming in a different light. Support or oppose! Many of you may not know this, but I am Pro Global Warming. It is simply too cold in Massachusetts in the winter. Yes, we'll have to make some sacrifices. Those ski trips to New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont would be a little less exciting, but think of the possible benefits! We could have barbecues and cookouts in February. We could play traditionally "seasonal sports" all year long.

What's that you say? We'd be dooming our children's futures and our children's children's futures? Who said I was planning on having kids?! No kids, no issue! Perhaps you should do the same. And if you do have kids, then that's your problem! You better hop on the "I oppose global warming" bandwagon while there is still room.

For those of you who are with me, please support our cause by polluting whenever possible. This will help us achieve our goal of better Massachusetts winters!

No comments:

Post a Comment